The storage devices store various system data within it. And also the media devices like digicam, video recorders, etc stores the captured documents on memory devices that is to be installed on it. There are numerous file formats for that digital data that will get stored on memory devices. They may be MP4, MP3, AVI, MPEG, PNG, WMV, JPEG, JPG, TIF, BMP, etc. And most frequently one uses compression of the files for several reasons. The widely used compression method followed is ZIP format.
Exactly what is the need for file compression?
Compression of files is required for the following reasons –
1. To store huge file in less storage: Should there be no enough space on the storage device to keep any large sized file, then only way is usually to compress the file. By doing so the quality reduces and is inserted to small recollection without deleting one of the other files.
2. Data Transfer: While transferring any data files over network in order to avoid any third party influence or errors in the channel it is strongly recommended t compress the files together into Zip file format. Zip formatting is quite secure and therefore can be useful for safe data.
3. Downloading files – Usually if you download any program files online for doing things on the system, the list of files will likely be zipped as single file or perhaps you must download each file separately which consumes excess time.
The MP4 files may also be compressed into zip files. But improper method of compression or occurrence of any errors can lead to file corruption. In the event if the files become corrupt, the information from those files cannot be accessed. Hence you need to be cautious while performing file compression. Here are few more data loss situations mentioned that might be associated with file compression:
- Virus attack – The files held in a memory device can be corrupt if the method is afflicted with virus. Sometimes the files can also become corrupt as result of faulty camera firmware, that’s a crucial component without that your camera fails to capture the data.
- Power surge – When there is continuous sudden power surges somewhere or if the machine suddenly goes down because of loss of power while processing any files like MP4 files, then a files would become corrupt so because of this you could possibly face data loss.
- Improper download of files: Downloading of the zip files or mp4 files from online ought to be performed completely. In the event the download process is interrupted as a consequence of sudden power surge to the system or failure in the internet connection it will definitely cause corruption on the files.
- Due to CRC errors- Most often the files that are compressed undergo CRC errors which means that files can become corrupt thus you cannot access the files.
In most of the data loss situations the files get corrupt because of Zip archive repair and the best method to solve corrupt MP4 files is to perform MP4 file repair with file repair tool. The program completely repairs the corrupt MP4 files on Mac systems and effectively fixes damaged Zip files on Windows OS.
Following here are the noticeable features of the repair utility:
- Repairs all of the corrupt files of different file formats including .zip, .zipx, etc
- Easily really helps to fix corrupt files as a result of interruptions during download or transfer of files.
- Repairs media files like mp4, mp3, and lots of other file types of data.
- Proficiently repairs almost all of the file types that are corrupt and broken due to virus attack
- Repairs and restores a variety of media files like BMP, JPEG, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIFF, MPG, MP3, MPEG, MP4, WAV, AVI and MOV
You can fix corrupt MP4 files on various Mac OS like Lion, Snow Leopard and Leopard. As well as the Zip files can be repaired on various Windows OS which includes Windows, XP, Windows 7 and 2003 os. You are able to download the trial version by clicking here.